Wednesday 12 September 2012

Packing tips

And now for something a little bit different. The first minute is a bit quiet and boring - the last 3 minutes are an eye opener. Those of you who have spent a bit of time carting everything you need around on your back for an extended period will probably spit your beer/tea/false teeth all over your keyboard when you see the packing style of the second cyclist.


My two cents worth - cyclist number one still packs too much stuff. I can go away on my own for a three day weekend with little more than my wallet, keys, phone, toothbrush and a spare pair of jocks in my back pocket. Still - at least she has her shit squared away.

In my youth, I went overseas for a year. I left with a single echelon bag and returned with a single echelon bag. During my travels, I spent a week or so roaming southern Europe with an American woman like cyclist number two. Her makeup bag weighed more than everything I was carrying. I don't get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you recycling videos?

DMS said...

I thought contestant #2 was taking the piss at first, to make a point about packing light, but I think she was serious.

Boy on a bike said...

Have I posted this before? After 3600 posts, you tend to forget what you've put up previously.