Tuesday 4 January 2011

"The same mum?"

I have returned, refreshed and with a few stories to tell.

There I was, standing in front of the cheese section in a country supermarket. Standing next to me was a ratty looking bloke holding a young baby. Blue singlet, unwashed, smelly. He looked like he was no older than 25, and had about 5 teeth in his head. In a few months, his baby will have more teeth.

An older bloke walked up and asked about the baby. From the conversation they were having, I concluded he had fathered a number before this one. The last question I heard before wandering off to the milk section was, "Is it from the same mum?"

Happy new year - welcome to another year of working hard in order to pay taxes to keep the ferals in a life of ease and comfort.

1 comment:

cav said...

A bloke from CentreLink was on a home visit and helping a lady fill out some forms over a cuppa.

A kid comes into the kitchen and opens the fridge.
"Get outa there Bruce!" was mum's response, and Bruce hightailed it outa there.

Another kid comes in wanting his shirt iron. "I'll do it directly Bruce", was mum's response.

The CentreLink guy picked up on this and enquired as to why she called them both 'Bruce'

"I have four boys, and I named them all Bruce."

"Why would you do that?"

"It's easier. Whenever I want all the boys to come to me for meals or whatever, I simple have to yell out 'Bruce!"

"But what if you only want one particular boy?"

"Oh, that's easy, I just call him by his surname!"