Sunday 20 December 2009

Dude, where's my bike path?

Back in July, I was taking the long way into work when I noticed a couple of council workers leaning on their shovels and taking their usual minimalist approach to "work". They were laying what was clearly a new bike path. Good. We need one through this particular spot, as the existing path is about 18 inches wide and totally unsuitable for sharing between people on foot and people on bikes.


So imagine my surprise when I ventured down that way again this week and discovered this.... the bike path to nowhere.


I know the Council is having budget problems, but this is ridiculous!


Here's a nice visual aid to help you understand my point. The bit in red is what they were building back in July. The bit in blue is where the path finishes today. I don't know where it's supposed to go - it simply tails off into the mud.

I guess that's life in NSW. Some Labor party flunky has probably siphoned off the money and spent it on cocaine and mistresses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, ever thought that they may not be FINISHED yet...???

Boy on a bike said...

Well, given they started work 6 months ago, and have managed to lay about 100 metres of concrete..... the question should be "when will they finish the job? 2019?"

If they were still working on it, the site would be surrounded by orange cones and construction-type signage. Nothing has happened here since July.

kae said...

I know!
I know!

It's like the sandy bits on a racetrack... so when you go out of control you bleed off speed and don't end up in the lake.

carpefraise said...

I think they were building a cricket pitch but got disoriented.