Sunday 4 January 2009

Simply beautiful writing

I wish I could write like Stephen Fry. I wish I could talk like him. The blog post that I have linked to is long. Loooong. Really, really loooooooooooooooong. Even I did not have the time and inclination to read it all, but the first dozen paragraphs are worth a look. The way he writes about technology, and how to use it, is far better than all the pathetic dribblings in the world's entire stock of tech magazines.

When I read something by Fry, it reminds me of how I should aim to do it. Elegantly. With wit. With style. With panache. With foie gras on top.

Perusing his site every so often reminds me of the fact that you could instantly erase forever 99.9% of the content of the internet, and the world would be none the poorer for it.

Then again, sometimes he completely loses it. Been there, done that. Used all that bad language, and more.

1 comment:

An Irritating Truth said...

I heart Stephen Fry!

But still, being labelled as a genius doesn't mean he can just give up on pith.