Monday 6 October 2008

SMH beclowns itself over McCain's flying record

The SMH hits a new low in stupidity with this article regarding McCain's record of crashes and mishaps in the Navy.

Check out this paragraph:

In 1965, McCain crashed a T-2 trainer jet in Virginia, and after he was sent to Vietnam, his plane was destroyed in an explosion on the deck of an aircraft carrier in 1967, the report said.

That "explosion on the deck" was the fire on the USS Forrestal. How you can include the destruction of his aircraft in that catastrophic fire with his history of crashes is beyond me. It's like me sitting here blogging in the office whilst a drug-crazed lunatic behind the wheel of a stolen car smashes into my parked car out of the front, and me being called a poor driver for my "history of crashes".

No comments: