Sunday 27 July 2008

Is this bloke a tosser?

Tell me the truth - am I really turning into a bileous old fart? I see things parked on the street like this, and all I can think is "tosser".


I just can't bear these things - to me, they look like the stupidest form of conveyance ever made. I don't have anything against utes, or 4WD's - what gripes me is the combination of an attempt at a load carrying, "off road" vehicle and the ridiculously gay and nancy-boyish rims and tyres. I don't know what this fool is thinking, but there is no point on putting low profile tyres on a beast like this - dual cab utes like this handle like pigs and brake like wallowing elephants on a skid pan. The ride is generally setup for carrying half a tonne in the back, so the suspension is already harsh - low profile tyres, with less air in them than usual, just make an already brutal ride even worse. This thing is a one way ticket to a chiropractor, and if driven hard in bad conditions, probably a one way ticket to a grave, via a roll-over.

I have changed my mind. People who drive these things are not tossers. They are brainless tossers. When the RTA issues the number plates, they should also issue a big plastic "L" for the owner to glue to their forehead.

No comments: