Monday 12 May 2008

How much more of this are we going to see?

For the last few years, the docks have been doing a roaring trade in unloading cars from car carriers like this one. As I've toodled across the bridge, I've spotted ships from all over the place, unloading cars and vans and trucks and cranes and all manner of transport related things with 4 wheels or more.



Car sales have been running at record numbers in Australia for some time, but I wonder whether the party is about to come to a screeching halt. After housing, cars are the next largest purchase that most people will make, and most are paid for on the never-never. If higher interest rates are biting into the housing market, I'm sure they will absolutely savage the new car market.

I hope all the wog-motor peddling dealers on Parramatta Rd are broke by Christmas.

No comments: