Monday 12 May 2008

How much does it cost to complain to Australia Post?

Fifty cents is the answer.

I had reason to have a dig at Australia Post recently, and since I have discovered that writing a letter is about 97,000% more effective than email, I penned a letter to Australia Post.

Given that Australia Post was delivering that letter to itself, you'd think they might have setup a free post address, thus allowing the likes to me to whinge for nought.

Nope, they're having none of that. If you want to complain about say slipshod service, you have to pay for the privilege, and use that slipshod service to boot to get your complaint to the complaints people!

Let's say one were to complain about mail not being delivered, and one did it by mail. What guarantee would one have that the letter complaining about mail getting lost would not also be lost?

One could have a cranial implosion just thinking about the possibilities here.

I was not complaining about late delivery or anything like that by the way - I was just using that as an example. But I wonder if they will write back.... and if I'll ever get the letter.

It's like an experiment where you stick a letter in a bottle and throw it into the ocean. Will the tide bring anything in return?

Stay tuned.

No comments: