Sunday 18 November 2007

Toe - oh no!

Well it had to happen. I had a shower, walked out of the bathroom and the monkey ran straight into my foot, kicking my toenail upwards in the process. That was enough to detach the front of the toenail and the right hand side. The nail is now only attached in the bottom left hand corner, which is fairly typical (I think I have lost this nail 7 or 8 years in a row now after skiing).



Note all the black gunge under the nail - all the old blood that has been sitting there for 3 months. The nail has also ripped a bit at the front. There is still a soft, white chunk (that looks like a maggot) attached to the toe.



It was pretty much vertical at first, but it slowly subsided back down towards the nail bed. I have now wrapped it up in tape to hold the nail down. It will probably stay that way for a few weeks until the bottom left hand corner decides to let go.



And yes, everything under the nail is soft and squidgy.

Who would want to be a doctor and have to put up with this sort of stuff all day?

No comments: