Saturday 24 November 2007

Duck

I rode out to Homebush this morning in the drizzle. Either it has been raining heavily of late in some areas, or the tide is right up, because this canal was almost overflowing. Normally, there is a trickle of water about an inch deep and a foot wide in the bottom of it. I don't think I have ever seen it so full.

Blame global warming. Or the moon. Take your pick.



The water in the canal was flowing pretty quickly - these three ducks were paddling against the current, and they were hardly moving. Not often that you see ducks around these parts either. There is some sort of swamp over the road from this canal, but I've never seen ducks in it. Thinking about it, I've never seen water in that swamp either. Last time I went past, it was a dust bowl.



Must think about putting a shotgun rack on the back of the bike. I never thought I could go riding and come home with dinner.

No comments: