Monday 15 October 2007

New filters

I need to setup some sort of news filter for the next six weeks. I know how I am going to vote, and a 6 week campaign will make no difference whatsover to how I cast my ballot. I'd just like to vote now, then forget about the whole thing until it's over.

It would be great if you were given a hat or T-shirt after voting early that said, "I've voted". That way, people would not bother you with horrible political conversations and pollsters would avoid you like the plague.

Not that I ever watch the 6 o'clock news, but the election campaign is providing an even better excuse to never, ever watch it. I'll stick to reading UK magazines and looking at US and UK web sites and just avoid all local news. I wonder if I can avoid it so much, I almost forget to vote.

Here's hoping.

No comments: