Monday 22 October 2007

The killer of radio stations

I blogged a while back about getting really annoyed at misleading ads that a radio station was airing in Sydney. I got mad enough to send them a letter pointing out the factual inaccuracies in their ads - or perhaps more correctly, the mathematical impossibilities of their spruiking.

I got a lovely letter from the station a week or so later saying that they are no longer playing that ad - or "sweeper" as they call it in radio-land. You learn something new everyday. The letter didn't say whether they had bowed to my almighty power and authority, or if they had simply rotated another sweeper into its place as they do on a regular basis.

Reading between the lines, I reckon I kicked them in the goolies. They just don't want to admit it.

All I need to do now is shut down the ABC. Then my mission will be complete.

No comments: