Tuesday 25 September 2007

More crumble

Rather than buying a completely rubbish apple crumble from the shop, I made one the other night. I didn't have a recipe to hand, so I did the usual google thing and selected one from half a dozen that looked promising.

I don't know if I made a mistake when writing down the ingredients, or whether the author made a mistake when typing them into the website, or whether someone has a penchant for really buttery crumble, but the recipe ended up using 180gms of butter. I thought that was way too much, so I only put in about 150.

After making it, I checked a few other recipes more closely and found that they only required 40-50. So it might be that this recipe should have used only 80gms, rather than 180, or someone made a big mistake when converting from ounces to grams.

It still turned out quite well, but I blanch at the thought of eating it.

No comments: