Monday 27 August 2007

To ride once more

Finally, the weather has started to warm up (a lovely 24 degrees today with little wind) and my lungs have cleared. So today it was back on the bike.

Since my last ride ended in disaster, sickness and bed for a week, I took it very easy today. A gentle, flat 28km in about 75 minutes. In other words, a short dawdle. I didn't even break into a sweat.

What I did find is that I started to chafe towards the end, so it is a good thing I kept it short today. Chafing has never really been a problem for me before, and it's a worry if it is starting after a measly 28km. The forecast for the rest of the week is more of the same, so I am planning on doing a week of easy rides - nothing over 40km - and nothing to sweat home about.

Just for kicks, I took some photos of rubbish during my ride. This shows a trap in one of the canals that the bike path follows.



For perspective - that coat hangery type building on the far left is Telstra Stadium.

No comments: