Tuesday 10 July 2007

Thank goodness for Top Gear

Top Gear is back on SBS. Thank goodness for that. It's been months since I have seen some good old fashion stupid television. I was missing it so much, I even went and bought a Top Gear DVD. I know that it's possible to download episodes, but they are no fun to watch on the PC. I like to sit back on the couch and enjoy an hour of mayhem, silly cars and ridiculous banter.

I also love the fact that the boys are in trouble again for driving across a salt pan in Africa.

Hmm, salt pans. I understand that they are nice and flat because when it rains, some of the salt disolves, and when all the water evaporates, it leaves a lovely flat surface.

Ok, maybe it doesn't rain in that part of Africa an awful lot, but I doubt that the tyre tracks are going to be there forever. Next time it rains, all the evidence will disappear.

Presuming it ever rains again (thanks to Global Warming).

All I can say is that thanks to Top Gear, I now know that the thingamajig salt pans exist. I never knew that. I didn't really want to know that either.

OK, I just looked up the pans on wikipedia - I suggest you do the same. I doubt the tyre tracks will be there for long.

No comments: