Tuesday 5 June 2007

Someone forgot to wear a helmet

The local council came up with a marvelous idea not long ago. It built a skate park in one of the local parks. It manages to keep all the teenage punks occupied for most of the daylight hours, which is great as far as I am concerned.

I wish they could think up a way of getting all the 20-something wogs off our streets as well.

I drove past the skate park today, and parked out the front were two ambulances and a fire truck, all with the lights flashing. Bodies were being carted around on trolleys. I don't have a clue as to what happened, but given that there were two ambulances, I presume that two kids collided on the ramp, and if experience is any guide, neither were wearing helmets. The ambulances were required to take the cracked coconuts off to Emergency for a look-see.

We had lunch in the park not long ago, and when we wandered over to the skate park for a look, there were about 20 kids skating and biking around. I think only 2 had the full protective gear on - helmet, gloves and knee and elbow pads. The rest were in thongs and not much else.

Unfortunately, some people are just too dense to take a hint.

No comments: