Wednesday 6 June 2007

More tube repairs

I don't know where all these bike tubes have been coming from, but I have found half a dozen scattered around the house. Most had a hole in them, so I have been repairing them when I can find the time.

When I tackled the first one, I thought my pump had blown up. It simply refused to blow air into the tube in question. Bugger. I tried unscrewing the pump and playing with the nozzle, but it would not inflate the tube.

I then fell back on my second pump, and that was no better. I figured the tube valve must have gone, so I moved onto another tube.

I finally got back to the first tube yesterday. I tried pumping it up again, and nothing was happening. I then had a close look at the tube, and found a hole in it that I could poke my little finger into. No wonder it was not inflating. The air was going out just as fast as it was going in.

I was about to smear glue onto the tube to apply a patch when I thought, "You idiot - this tube has about 10 patches on it already, and you have 5 spares. It's not worth it."

So that one ended up in the bin.

No comments: