Wednesday 30 May 2007

On the road again

It's been over two weeks since I have been on the bike, thanks to the flu. I went out for a ride yesterday - just a short stroll up and around Balmain, but even an easy ride put a dose of fire into my lungs. I had to blow snot out of my nose a few times, which is something that I rarely have to do.

The worst of it was that I had to pick up the car in the afternoon, which meant going for another ride to get to the mechanic. When I went to get on the bike, the back tyre was flat - glass sliver.

When I changed the tube, I found that the spare was also punctured.

When I went to use the big pump, I found that it was stuffed and would pump no air.

It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Thankfully, the new tyre changing tool that I mail ordered worked a treat in refitting the tyre to the rim. At least one good thing came of it, but I was hoping to never have to use that tool.

Bugger.

No comments: