Tuesday 1 May 2007

Idiot pedestrians

Oh what a way to start the day - yapping on the mobile, not looking whilst crossing the road and the - bam! Run down by taxi.

I loved this bit:

"She was knocked into the air and fell right in front of my car," he said.

Mr Foster said the woman was one of many pedestrians walking across George Street against the pedestrian lights.

She appeared to be talking on a mobile phone and looking the other way, he said.

"She went one way, her phone went in the other way," he said.

Oh, if only I had a dollar for every time some idiot pedestrian has done this to me - stepping out, yapping away, back to the traffic and not even a backwards glance to see if there is any traffic coming up behind them. The idiots cross at an angle of say 45 degrees where they are walking away from the traffic. If they had half a brain, they'd at least walk straight across the road, or towards the traffic so that they would have half a chance of seeing what is coming their way - but they don't.

Sad to say, but not enough people are being hit by trucks. A taxi just isn't big enough and heavy enough and unbendy enough. Look at me - I got hit by a Falcon, which is what most taxis are, and I am still here.



No comments: