Tuesday 22 May 2007

Colour me amazed

I got a reply from the Council yesterday about the dud BBQ in our local park. That's not a bad turnaround - I plugged the message into their website on the weekend, and they responded on Monday morning.

It took them until 4.30pm to get around to responding, but at least it was on the first working day after I sent them the message.

Now we just have to wait and see if anyone does anything about it. Must go to the butcher and buy another packet of snags, and return to the park for a final test.

I'm always shocked when local government turns out to be much more efficient than the state government - I have long thought that local government was the plankton at the bottom of the food chain as far as government goes, but this mob are pretty good.

In fact they make my lawyers look pretty useless. I have rung my ambulance chasers a few times, left messages and never had a response. I have also sent them faxes, and never heard back. They don't have an email address, so I presume that they only do something if a letter arrives with a stamp on it. I have to visit the post office now because I have run out of stamps, and I'll need some when next I need to deal with them.

For crying out loud....

NRMA also have an interesting tactic with their claims people. They don't appear to have voicemail. That way, if you ring and no one answers, they don't have to do anything with their claim. Since I have some IAG shares, I'll have to rock up to their next AGM and ask a question about this wonderful policy, and ask who should be praised for thinking it up.

No comments: