Friday 4 May 2007

Being annoying

I sent off a letter to our local MP the other night. I'm still waiting for a response. Part of my complaint is that the local cops never respond if you send them a letter. I wonder if her office is afflicted by the same disease - an allergic reaction to dealing with the public. We'll see.

I'm not sure our local member is that bright, so I had to spell out my concerns in a format that even a 10 year old would understand. I think my message will get through.

I had a whinge about the rubbish around the local cop shop, which drives me nuts. A dirty cop shop looks like a force that is not in control of its surroundings - one that is not respected (or feared) by the locals. If the locals think they can drop litter at the front door of the cops, then they think they can get away with anything, and I don't like that. I want some certainty that my car will not be stolen from out the front of our house, or that we won't be broken into, or that I won't be mugged on my way to the shops.

Image counts for a lot, and the cop shop has a bad image when it is surrounded by litter.

I guess I'll know if I've had an impact if the litter down the side that has been there for a month magically disappears one day.

No comments: