Sunday 4 March 2007

Hair today, wallet gone tomorrow

Spotted an ad in one of the local rags this week for laser hair removal. The bit that caught my eye was that they had knocked 50% off everything, and a back cleanup was only $200.

It's not like I am a complete hairy backed ape, but I was intrigued to find out how much it would cost the average wog to have the pelt removed.

$200 didn't sound too bad.

Then I spotted the fine print. They recommend 6 treatments, and they are only knocking 50% of the first one. I guess they must give you a GT stripe down the middle to ensure that you keep coming back to get the rest cleaned up.

So there you have it - a $2400 process reduced to $2200, with an ad boasting "50% off".

Not bad going with the fine print I thought. I wonder how many of these guys get pulled up by fair trading, given that the fine print was written in about a 6 point font that would be unreadable without some CSI style magnifying equipment and paper dyes.

Still, if all the wogs around here signed up for it, there'd be a few less people that could afford stupid exhaust systems, so our nights would be a bit quieter. We need more fleas. That would force the hairy ones to thin out their pelts a bit.

No comments: