Friday 23 February 2007

The wind in my hair

Eeeeek! What's going on? I look in the mirror and there are two big sprouty hairs growing sideways out of my ear! The things are so long, they have extended out past the edge of my ear. From whence did they sprout? Did they just pop out overnight after incubating beneath the skin for a few years, or have they been surrepticously growing a little bit at a time, hoping that I won't notice like a frog in a pot on the stove?

I don't care what the little buggers were thinking - they have been plucked and flushed. Ear pubes I can do without. Curly ear pubes would be even worse. From now on, my morning routine includes a search and destroy mission on the ear holes.

Funny thing is, given how much they stuck out, why didn't I feel the breeze on them when I was cycling? They were that long, I must have looked like a fruit bat. I wonder if I will be able to detect radar if I grow a few more?

No comments: