Friday 1 December 2006

It's getting warmer

I am still hovering around the 75 to 100 kms per week mark, struggling to push right up to 160 kms per week. I was hoping that the warmer weather would help - I can get out of bed earlier and take a longer route into work, since the danger of getting frostbite on the way is no more. However, everything is conspiring against me and I am sleeping in instead, thus cutting down the morning riding time. If I can do 14 kms each way, cracking 100 kms a week should be a doddle - ride 4 times and it's done.

Apart from sleeping in though, I've been working from home a bit, and it's a bit hard to ride in those circumstances. Once I start working, it's hard to break out of it and take an hour off for a pedal. I know I should, but working from home seems to mean putting in a 14 hour day.

Hmm, must set alarm clock for 4pm and ride, regardless of what is going on.

No comments: