Sunday 31 December 2006

Filthy poms

I say "filthy poms" in the expectation that Bondi will be overrun with poms celebrating the new year tonight. On the way back from the beach, I listened to an interview with a DJ who was playing at Bondi tonight, and of course he was a pom.

In previous years, the beach and surrounds have been a disaster area the morning after. No swim for me on new years day - I don't fancy walking down to the surf through a sea of beer bottles.

The council has prepared a bit better this year - the sea wall is lined with rubbish skips from one end of the beach to the other. Big bright yellow things. Somehow I get the feeling that they will not be well used by the revellers, who will just drop their crap on the ground where they stand.

New years eve becomes more of a pain in the arse with each passing year.

No comments: