Friday 15 December 2006

Cheese

I had my first "real" meal for a week this morning - breakfast at Circle. I had to eat out because there was no food left in the house. Since we have all been so crook this week, no one had been able to go shopping, and no one had an appetite anyway so food was off the agenda. However, I woke up feeling marginally hungry, and decided to test whether I was on the upswing or not.

I survived the meal, but started feeling like crap again mid-afternoon (nothing to do with the food I might add). The thing I noticed is how pungent the cheese was in my omelette. Either my sense of smell is enormously improved (probably through vomit clearing the nasal passages), or the lack of coffee had something to do with it (am off milk at the moment), or they have found a purveyor of suprisingly aromatic and flavoursome gruyere. At least I am assuming it is gruyere. It smells that way, but about 10 times more potently than the stuff I get at the local supermarket.

I have this feeling that I am about to embark on a great gruyere hunt. This hunt will take me all over Sydney as I visit cheese shops far and wide in my quest to track down the ultimate gruyere.

By the end of it, I will probably never want to eat an omelette ever again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would have been the food's fault if it came from Pizza Hut tho. J xo