Tuesday 5 December 2006

"Chai" for chunder

We recently acquired a packet of Chai tea. I am not a big fan of funny teas. As far as I am concerned, tea is made from tea leaves, and that is about it. No cinammon and vanilla and cardamon pods and all that muck. However, since I am not much of a tea drinker (maybe 5 cups a year), I don't have much say in what tea goes into our kitchen cupboards.

What amazed me about this packet of Chai tea is how much it stinks. The coffee shop that I visit once each morning sells bucketloads of the stuff, and it has never offended my nostrils. J makes a cup of it regularly, and it doesn't bother me when it is steeping in the cup. I can even make a cup for her.

What I can't stand is the smell of the box of teabags in the cupboard. For some reason, concentrated unused Chai teabags smell like vomit to me. Don't ask me why - they just do. We've had to seal them in a plastic tub in an effort to stop me from hurling everytime I open the drinks cupboard.

Wierd.

No comments: